ES - [ Dogs:collars and Leads]

Christine Fink maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 1 13:27:57 PST 2000

Thinking of dogs and their period attire....

Phelippe and I adopted a new family member a few weeks ago. His name is
Scooter and he's an Estrela Mountain Dog. After doing some research on this
breed (we had never heard of this breed), we found that they were herding
dogs in the Estrela Mountains located in Portugal. They were first bred in
the Middle Ages. So, in other words...we have a "period dog". Pretty cool.

Anyway, Scooter is a large dog (72 pounds at the vet's office the other
day). We started thinking how strong he was because I don't walk him, he
walks me. :)  We had a great idea! We are are thinking of build Scooter a
mini-wagon to carry our (and his) stuff at events when we go to the list
field at events.

Has anyone else tried this? Has it worked or has it failed? Our idea was to
build it out of a lightweight wood, but wood strong enough that it won't
break easily. Any ideas of what type of wood we should use? We are planning
to make the wheels out of wood, as well.

Maria

http://mariadevasquez.homestead.com/index.html