ES - Feast help

DonnelShaw at AOL.com DonnelShaw at AOL.com
Mon Nov 6 18:35:57 PST 2000

Now I don't know how period this is but ......... As the old saying
goes...... As long as it looks period.

Amish Bread Starter

Please do not use metal bowls, bake ware or utensils. ( I did on bake ware)

Day 1, Mix together 2 cups flour, 2 cups warm water and 1 package of active
dry yeast. I like to place it in a large zip lock bag.

Day 2:  Stir or squeeze

Day 3:  Stir or Squeeze

Day 4: Stir or Squeeze

Day 5: Stir or Squeeze; then add 1 cup flour, 1 cup Milk and 1 cup sugar
(this is called feeding the starter) mix well.

Day 6: Stir or Squeeze

Day 7: Stir or Squeeze

Day 8: Stir or Squeeze

Day 9: Stir or Squeeze, then add 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, and 1 cup sugar.
Mix well

Day 10: Stir or Squeeze

Day 11 Stir or Squeeze

Day 12: ladle 1 cup of starter into each of 4 containers, give 3 to friends
with a copy of the recipe and keep the 4th for your self to start the bread
recipe.

Now if you just divide it and keep dividing it. it will multiply quickly.
Each starter makes two big loafs that can have different kinds of ingreadiats
added like nuts.....

I hope this helps.

Donnel