ES - Autumn Melees - Let's try again...

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:06:14 PST 2000

Greetings Elfsea,

Apparently my attempt at humor went over like a lead zepplin (if it had been
the rock group, it may have been better), so here is an apology to those of
you who might have thought I might be volunteering you for something that
you did not sign up for. I _am_ sorry.  I did not mean that you would be
available, just that you had been in the past - my mistake.  I should have
stated more explicitly that this was an EXAMPLE, and not real life.

                      ******SUGGESTIONS******

1. Have someone "in-charge".   A person who coordinates all the resources
and makes sure that what is listed or promised is delivered to the event,
and (hopefully) has a contingent plan when something fails.

2. Have a meeting for all those who want to participate in food/camping at
this event.  Arrange who will be responsible for various items, collect
monies (if meal-sharing), or other ways to divide up the responsibilities
and resources.

I hope that I haven't offended anyone, I really did not mean to make anyone
uncomfortable with my last message.  Occassionaly, I get into a weird sense
of humor, and forget to translate it well enough to send it out on e-mail.
It is an unforgiving medium, and reminders can be swift and painful!

Ciao,

Alessandra

(PS - I will be happy to help out at this event, but I really can't be in
charge!)