ES - Artisan competitions

Sue Dittrich dittrich at flash.net
Thu Nov 30 14:11:00 PST 2000

Hi Maria!

    I am running the DFT Artisan competition, and I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.  Ceinwen and Darius hit the nail on the head.  I chose to do a body of work competition so that we can see all aspects of what an artisan can do.  Take Ceinwen's example.  She is showing the best of everything that she has done (limited to a max of six items for our competition), which is a variety of things.  But you don't have to be as varied as that--take myself as an example.  My body of work lies within one area--cooking.  So when I display at a body of work competition, I display different areas and techniques within my specialty.
    Documentation is not always required for all competitions.  We like to see documentation to see that the artisan is attempting to recreate their art from our time period or to show that the techniques they used were used in our time period.  Ask Darius about finding documentation for a Dremel tool.... :-)  If you search hard enough, you can find documentation for almost anything we do.
    I hope this helps.  I look forward to seeing you at Yule Revel!

In service,

Lady Genevieve de la Gamba