ES - New Site : Tanglewood Forest

Timothy Rayburn timothy_of_glastonbury at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 11:04:50 PDT 2000

Greetings Maria!

I sympathize with the tempurature matter, truly.  Defender this year
was warmer than most years because we are in such a severe drought time
period.  I do not think that there would be any plans to have the
Barony come forward with air conditioning solutions for this site, for
many the lack of the very mundane air conditioned hall is a selling
point of a more rural place.

If you speak with any of the more long-time vetrans of the Society they
can explain any of a number of ways to create a cooling system of some
sort, if you can get power, or some even if you can't.

I would note that for Springfaire, the weather simply is not
historically bad enough to really need air conditioning.  Using Weather
Planner (a service that uses historical data to forecast long term) you
can see that the His will be in the low 80s and the Lows in the mid 70s
for Corsicana.  Not a guarantee, but support for a historical track
record of more comfortable temperatures.

Timothy of Glastonbury
Autocrat of Elfsea Springfaire