ES - Re: Serving as best we can [golf carts]

Ori Pomerantz ori at simple-tech.com
Mon Oct 16 01:57:03 PDT 2000

	Hi,

> While I don't mean to force my opinions down people throats and I don't
> want to argue with the people who say "I just need to live with it" the
> presence of so much mundanity has taken the fun out  of  the SCA for me
> and is the main reason I haven't been going to a lot of events. Without
> the magic I see no reason for going to a SCA event. I can be comfortable
> and mundane at home. I know golf carts are a small thing but If we could
> cut their use in half and cut some of the other mundane things out maybe
> we would increase the magic.
	Or maybe we could decorate them so they'll look like carriages?
Without horses they wouldn't be really period, but neither is gas cooking,
air conditioning where their majesties/excellencies hold court
(although a castle made out of REALLY THICK stones does wonders in this
regard, BTW) or giving peerages for excellence in the arts and sciences.

	Trying to weave illusions,
		Uriah of Hebron

--

PGP Fingerprint: 81C9 3CD4 5B66 0447 F2D7  A932 DFF6 ED64 D0EC 5588

         /"\
         \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign
          X      Against HTML Mail
         / \