ES - Crown Tourney

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Mon Oct 16 08:38:31 PDT 2000

Good Morning Elfsea!

I think Elfsea showed very well in the Crown Tourney,
with 5 of our members, Lord Fearghus, Baron Llywelyn, Sir
Romanius, Mistress Stella, and myself all competing for
the crown, as well as Lady Nicolette, HLs Darius &
Rosalia, and Lords Timothy and Tomas, and Lady Rixende
involved in various heraldic aspects of the tourney,
quite a few of our members just generally having a good
time.  Special thanks to Armand, Honour and Anezka for
doing such a good job helping me out.

Our Steppes neighbors also had several competitors
including Kadi Mahdi, Count Gunthar, Sir Miguel, Sir
Duncan, Lord Mordock, Lady Isolde, Lord Richard, and
probably more that have slipped my mind at the moment.

I thought the tourney to be exceptionally well-fought and
most chivalrously and cleanly, by all combatants.

As most of you have heard, the winner of the list was Sir
Jason MacPherson (he who defeated me in the 2nd round --
at least no one else could stop him either), and our new
Crown Princess is his lady wife, Seraid Sigmundsdottir
(not at all sure about the spelling of that first name).

The new Prince & Princess live in the Barony of Loch
Sollier.  Sir Jason was Duke Sigmund's squire, and was
knighted by Kein II & Alisha II, about 3 years ago.  He's
as nice a guy as you could want to meet.  I met his lady
on Saturday evening, and she seemed most charming as
well.  This will be their first time on the throne, but
they appear to have given the matter much thought and
preparation, and I have confidence they will do well.

Also in attendance were the Prince and Princess of
Northshield.  Our friends in Dragonsfire Tor may recall
that one of their number, Lord Alisdair, went to
Northshield and was their Prince, where he remains well-
remembered by his present successors.  They were
particularly delighted to recognize the Guardian of the
Tor collar I wore in the opening procession as the one
Centurion Wolf wore on his visit to Northshield, and even
more delighted when the basket of gifts given them by
Their Majesties Timo & Allyson included one of the
throwing axes given by the Tor to the Crown at
Coronation.

Life is good in Elfsea, and we're spreading it throughout
the kingdom!

- Galen