ES - Fabric district field trip

Rhonda New rbnew at ftw.nrcs.usda.gov
Thu Oct 19 06:02:52 PDT 2000

Maria wrote:

> <Sigh> I would really love (and need) to go, but I must go to meet my future
> in-laws Saturday afternoon.

Heheheheheh.

> Would you do me a really big favor? Would you price out the following and
> tell me where you found it for me? Pretty Please? It's for my wedding gown
> and Pehlippe and the kiddos wedding attire. Thanks!!
>
> ** Thick pile velvet (prefer black, but royal blue will also do nicely)
> ** Brocades (general pricing) -- for Phelippe and Ryan's doublets
> ** Period looking silk (would like red, black or blue)

Found Silk for $3/yd. and linen for $4/yd at the same place
(a shop in the nw corner... 2 up from a.b.c.)  Of course, the
place south of a.b.c. has some really nice pearled silk at only
$129/yd.  8>

> ** 100% Linen (white)

> ** White duck or other natural fiber thick material for my corset

> ** Boning and sprung-steel hooping

The most comfortable boning I've used  were large plastic
cable-ties (from Home Depot), normally used on A/C ductwork.
Easy to work with, cheap, washable (don't rust), very comfortable.

> Muchas Gracias!!!!
> Maria

I was planning to take my mother to the Fab. dist. for some
upholstery fabric (this Sat. AM).  Looks like I'll see a bunch of
you there, too!

/Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood