ES - More on Rhianna

penningtonhall penningtonhall at email.msn.com
Mon Oct 23 20:44:25 PDT 2000

I just got back from the hospital.

Rhianna managed to pull all of her tubes out, but since she is doing so well
the doctor decided to wait and see if they will have to intubate her again.
She is breathing on her own,  she is still receiving oxygen as a precaution.
She did tell her father that she loved him, and does recognizes everyone
that she sees.   When my daughter entered the room and we told her, she
started searching for her hand and when she found it she held on tight.

While she is not completely awake yet, her diagnosis is good. So far there
are no signs of brain damage, though the family knows that it is too soon to
tell if there is any.

We know that she still has a long way to go, and do understand that there
may be set backs along the way, but in the end everything will be fine.  She
is young and healthy which is in her favor.  And she is surrounded by family
and friends that loves her very much.

Matt and Beth are very grateful for the wonderful support and outpouring of
love they have received from across the kingdom.

I will keep you posted.

Ldy Mary Elizabeth