ES - Single Parenting WAS -- ST - Glass Beadmaking Open Studio Night

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 7 15:08:31 PDT 2000

>To the Barony:
>Please don't come down too hard on Lord Caerell. Being a single parent is
>still not easy in this mundane society. Though there have been many
>improvements in our mundane society, there are still many social stigmas
>and
>labels against single parenting.

     Single parenting is not necessarily any easier in the Society either.
It is only compounded when the parent is non-custodial such as I am since
the weekends are all I really have, espoecially also being a student.  I
know I felt really guilty when I was totally by myself at Raven's Fort
trying to enjoy fighting while having to rely, gratefully, on the Ministry
of Children.  After I got done though I was extremely tired and had no means
to rest up as my son runs on a nuclear battery.  I had never felt so wiped
out.
    There are a good bunch of dads, single and married, who I have seen bust
their rumps trying to keep everyone happy.
    On a personal level I am just glad I am in a group (Glaslyn) close knit
enough to help when we are all at an event.

Cyniric