ES - Fabric district field trip

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Mon Oct 16 16:50:16 PDT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-elfsea at ansteorra.org [mailto:owner-elfsea at ansteorra.org]On
Behalf Of Christine Fink
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 1:08 PM
To: elfsea at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: ES - Fabric district field trip

<Sigh> I would really love (and need) to go, but I must go to meet my future
in-laws Saturday afternoon.

Would you do me a really big favor? Would you price out the following and
tell me where you found it for me? Pretty Please? It's for my wedding gown
and Pehlippe and the kiddos wedding attire. Thanks!!

** Thick pile velvet (prefer black, but royal blue will also do nicely)

this guy on ebay got a good reccomendation from the Historical costumers
list- problem was the shipping time, but if you have enough lead time
it might be worth it- silk pile velvet for $10 ($8 +2 s/h) a yard

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=bay-it&sort
=3&since=-1&page=1&rows=25

(Be sure you get the whole line..)

** Brocades (general pricing) -- for Phelippe and Ryan's doublets
** Period looking silk (would like red, black or blue)
** 100% Linen (white)
** White duck or other natural fiber thick material for my corset
** Boning and sprung-steel hooping

Muchas Gracias!!!!
Maria

----Original Message Follows----

     For anyone not planning to go to BOD this wekend, or any event for that
matter, the clothier's guild is planning a field trip to the fabric district
this Saturday.  I plan to leave my house at around 9:00 am. Anyone needing
ride with me or wanting to caravan from my house should be here by then. We
will meet at around 9:30 to 10:00 at ABC (they are the first to close to the
public) and we can make the rounds from there.
Siobhan