ES - Stories to run in the Scroll!

Tim Rayburn tim.rayburn at webmodal.com
Tue Oct 17 10:47:09 PDT 2000

His prohibition of publication in official publications still stands.  As he
noted to me, SCA Branch group newsletters are required to carry the
disclaimer :

"This is the (Name of Publication), a publication of the (Name of Branch or
other organization) of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (Name of
pub1ication) is available from (real name and address of publisher). It is
not a corporate publication of the Society for Creative Anachronism,
Incorporated, and does not delineate SCA policies."

This specifically states that it is not an official publication and as such
does not run afoul of his restriction.  Section I.C.3.a of the Society
Chronicler's Handbook says that :

"For the purposes of this policy, a corporate publication of the SCA, Inc.,
is defined to be one of the following: Kingdom Newsletters; Pegasus, the
newsletter of the Principality of Lochac, Tournaments Illuminated; Complete
Anachronist; The Known World Handbook; or the manuals and guidebooks which
are published by the Corporation and its officers, The Board is not limited
by this list and may from time to time designate other publications as
corporate publications."

Which would seem to enumerate those publications covered by his restriction.
Of course, to get this more verbose explination one must begin by writing
him and asking for permission despite what appears to be a big 'NO' on most
of his pages.  I'm just a bit stubborn.

Timothy of Glastonbury