ES - Rapier Demo Opportunity

Joe Nieto houseloboblanco at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 16:42:25 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the Populace:

On Saturday, October 14 & Sunday, October 15, there
will be a demo at the Celtic Heritage Festival. For
those of you not attending Crown Tournament, I will
try and host a mini-tournament. It will be located at
the Bedford Boys Ranch located in Bedford. Here are
the directions:

Take your best route to 121/183 East.
Exit Forest Ridge and take a left.
Go through the red light and up the hill.
The boys' ranch will be on your left.
If you have reached HARWOOD, you have gone too far.

We have been asked to march in their parade. There
will be a re-enactment of the Battle of Bannockburn, a
live goose game(a living board game similar to the
chess game played at Scarborough Faire) and Italian
bowling.

The festival will open Friday at 9am. This really
doesn't apply to the demo participants but this is
more of an FYI kinda thing. Friday night, however,
there will be concerts and a party with the bands (so
I've been told). On Saturday, the event opens at 11 am
and the Demo begins at Noon. Caetta requested that we
have rapier practice at the event to supplement the
demo. We are demo-ing until 6pm. Same goes for Sunday,
12-6. There will be various food vendors, drink
vendors, and merchants. There will be fun for all!
Each evening, the Blarney Brothers and the Irish
Rogues will be performing for our listening pleasure.
The site closes each night at 10PM.

Admission for the participants is...FREE! How nice is
that!

So if you want to participate, please respond
privately to me or on the list as soon as possible so
that I may be able to coordinate the demo.

Thank you!
Sebastian de la Mesa
Rapier Marshall