ES - New Site : Tanglewood Forest

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 2 08:42:57 PDT 2000

Creapy critters can be found any where in good numbers if you just decide to look
for them. Even in the city itself, we almost hit a cottontail two nights ago in
fort worth and I spotted a racoon not but a couple weeks ago. Snakes... Well they
can live just darn near anywhere. We usually have Water Mocasins on site if there
is water in the creek at Canton. The site is out in the open woodland, critters
will be there. If needed we can always offer a class on site on how to avoid
crowding them in _their homes_ scince that is where we would be. (actually we
could use this class at any site including canton) Generaly if you extend the same
amount of courtisy to the critters of the forest as you do to people thay will
leave you alone. After all we are way to big to be a meal for most of them.

I am very interested in the handicap access to the site as well as trash and
sanitation. are we talking porta johns, drop privies and latrines or what? Would
we be bringing in dumpsters? Part of what makes Canton a very usefull site is the
cut in our cost when it comes to these particulars.

When it comes to accesabitlity,  could an independant person rellying on a cane,
get around site reliably and easily? usually if this is true wheel chairs and
carts can to because they would take the same routes a person leaning on a cane
would take. (usualy but not always)

Darius