ES - Single Parenting WAS -- ST - Glass Beadmaking Open Studio Night

elyssa99 at swbell.net elyssa99 at swbell.net
Sat Oct 7 08:12:58 PDT 2000

First I would like to say that when the first email on this topic was posted, I don't think it was meant to offend anyone, but
instead to ask the parents to be considerate of each other so that they may both participate in activities and at the same time
give the children the attention they need from both parents.  It is very hard whether you are a single parent or a couple to
make time to do the things you enjoy, especially when you work full time, and your children are involved in activities that have
absolutely nothing to do with the SCA.  I think (and I may be wrong) that the minister of children was trying to tell families
to work together so that everyone has a chance to participate.  While I have seen a fighter's other half (male or female) get
stuck with watching the children  and not able to attend anything else (and I have been there myself) I have also seen on many
occasions the other halves of laurels and/or pelicans not able to enjoy themselves, because their spouse was busy either
teaching, judging or working their hiny off.  So don't take offense and truthfully I think the comments were aimed at two parent
families more so than one parent families.  So everyone just be considerate and try to let everyone particpate and have a good
time. "Stepping down off my soapbox"

                                             Elyssa