ES - Re: ST - Metal Factory???

Ron Hardy rhemail at swbell.net
Thu Oct 12 20:29:41 PDT 2000

Almost any steel suppy house can provide you with the correct thickness of mild
steel sheet metal for armor. Check to make sure it mets the thickness specs
(shop for the actual thickness in inches not by guage alone) in the new fighters
handbook. Some 16ga.'s are not the same thickness as other 16 ga.'s ect.

The last time I bought a 4x8 sheet of 14ga. it was about $35.00 but that has
been sometime ago. Just an aside: a 4x8 sh. makes a lot of armor, buy with a
friend.

Stainless can be abit harder to find but I believe Sir Duncan has had good luck
at a company here in Dallas called Metals Supermart. They are over by Texas
Stadium. I don't know if there is one in FW. I have spoken with these people and
they seem very willing to sell in small quanities and were generally quite
helpfull.

Hope this helps,

Fritz