ES - I think we need a cotehardie workshop... plus

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 07:54:42 PDT 2000

>So, are you teaching how to make a 10 gore dress or a cotehardie?  The
>cotehardie does not have 10 gores.  Afan - contact Rixende, she knows how
>to construct a mans cotehardie.
>
>Nicolette

Nicolette,

I plan to teach how to make a 10 gore gown, which is called a cotehardie.
The research from the Herjolfsnes site, shows evidence of a gown worn in the
14th century that was  well-fitted through the shoulder & waist, with large
skirts flaring at the hips.  They were buttoned down the front and down the
forearms of the sleeves.  Based on actual evidence from the site, some have
reconstructed the original gown.  It had 10 gores.

Here is the web-site I'll be teaching from:

http://www.virtualelpaso.com/neverwinter/dress/dress.htm

Ciao,
Alessandra