Is there light heavy armor? was ES - Wednesday evening practice

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Thu Oct 26 07:31:04 PDT 2000

In a feeble attempt to actually answer the question, yes,  the minimal armour in steel is relatively light.  (Helm, Gorget, Elbows, Forearms, Kidney belt, Groin, and Knees)  The only of these that HAS to be steel is the helm.  The reset can be of 'like' material.  Which would range from plastic(.25" thick IIRC) to hardened leather (10 - 12 oz or about .25" thick).

All and all you can probably get it under 25# or so.  Still when strapped and hung correctly it weighs next to nothing.

In Service,
     Wilim