ES - Day two on the front line.

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Tue Sep 12 19:41:37 PDT 2000

Xene here:

Well, I have been a rent-a-cop before, and I did feel a bit like a
rent-a-mom today.  For what they pay though, I feel like a volunteer.

The high schoolers were sooooo much better than the eighth grade.  I just
started out the class looking mean and intimidating and let them soften me
up during the class.  But they knew better than to get out of line with me:)

The biggest problem I had today was that first period I had to sub for an
Algebra class.  I hated it in school, and still do.    Give me Speech class
or English, or History any day.

No bloodshed, no real problems, and the school had largesse for the
substitutes (a coffee cup and candies!!).  Overall, a pretty good day.

Thanks to all who lent me their support and prayers,

Xene