ES - Event Suggestions

housedragonstar housedragonstar at prodigy.net
Tue Sep 26 20:35:28 PDT 2000

Good Gentles,

My lord and I went to a Red, White and Sort of Gray at Ravensfort last
spring.  True, it was a much smaller event that Defender (502, did we really
get 502!?!), but it was one of the most enjoyable courts/feasts that I have
ever been to.  They set up tables and chairs outdoors, people brought out
their feast gear, some went through the buffet line for hot steaming food
(simple fare, but good), some sideboarded, some sat on the ground picnic
style and didn't eat.  Court was a quick one, I'll admit, but they held the
finals or the finalists performed from the bardic they had in the afternoon.
We say there eating our desserts, while Sir Kief and Pooh Bear (sp?) told of
Ansteorran glory and sang of norse gods.

Given that we could possibly have Defender at Canton again, and that we
would have use of the hall, I would love to work with whomever in order to
make better use of the place considering the cash we lay out for it.  I
heard many objections, and they were good ones, last night while waiting in
line for seating at Chili's.  But there has to be a way that we can allow
people to sit through a long court, be entertained, eat and cool off from
the outdoor activities of the day.  And with 500 people through the door,
clean up shouldn't be a reason to not have some sort of dinner while we have
court.

I have often wanted to have a real period feast that included court,
entertainment, gaming and as much as some of the indoor events have tried to
do that, it just doesn't seem to happen.  Perhaps we can make it happen at
Defender 2001.

still trying to make her Dream come true
Medb Liath