ES - QUILLS release date

Christine Fink maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 08:46:06 PDT 2000

Hola Eleanor!

I would love to go, if you can set the date for the 17th and we can get
moved completely by then. :-)

But, my question is this...If we go dressed up how should we dress? The
Marquis de Sade was not born until 1740 and is therefore way out of our
period (and style of dress). I know of a great costume shop that rents 18th
century costumes in Fort Worth.

Here's a really intereststing timeline of his life for those interested:

http://www.drcasey.com/cabinet/timeline/sade.shtml

Maria

----Original Message Follows----
My lords and ladies,

On November 10, "Quills" will be released in the
theatres. It stars Geoffrey Rush, Kate Winslet and
Joaquin Phoenix (you know, the evil emperor in
GLADIATOR).

Some of the good gentles of Elfsea had expressed
interest in getting together and traipsing off to the
cinema to catch this little gem. So! for those who are
interested, we can either go November 10th or November
17th (Three Kings is Nov. 10th). I would love it if we
all went to the theatre dressed up! Tres cool! :O)

In short, if you want to go, please email me at the
above address (htault at yahoo.com) and I'll try to find
out where it's playing and if we can get group
tickets!

Awaiting your responses!
Eleanor Cleavely

PS: By the way, did I mention Geoffrey Rush is playing
the Marquis De Sade in this movie?

=====
Rest not! Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die.
Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.
       --- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe