ES - QUILLS release date

Heather Ault htault at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 15:39:36 PDT 2000

--- baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org wrote:
> Galen here...
>
> A couple of thoughts about "Quills".
>
> 1.  This is not a family film.  You don't want to
> bring
> your kids.  The review in _Salon_ describes it
> as "Shakespeare in Love" meets "Silence of the
> Lambs".

*blink blink* Well, that I didn't know! *L* Ok! Cross
off the corsets, folks! :O)

> 2.  Since it _is_ out of period, I'm not sure how I
> feel about having an obvious group of SCA members go
> in costume to see it.  I'm nervous about the
possibility that we might be confused with _other_
groups (nudge, nudge, wink, wink!) that might come in
costume to see a movie about the Marquis de Sade.  The
reviewer suggests that it's not that historically
accurate, anyway.

*LOL* Again, I didn't think about that. I just got
excited about Geoffrey Rush. :O)

> 3.  That said, it looks like a good movie.  I think
> that, as Bordermarch Melees is the following
> weekend, the 10th would be more convenient for
Allessandra & I, but we won't be in costume.  I don't
really want to take my Elizabethans out in the cold,
and she won't let  me wear my leather tabard.
> - Galen

Well, at least you're coming to see it! *L* You'll
have to forgive me, I have only seen the small trailer
for it and it was hard enough finding the release date
on line!

Talk to you all soon!
Eleanor Cleavely

=====
Rest not! Life is sweeping by; go and dare before you die.
Something mighty and sublime, leave behind to conquer time.
      --- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe