ES - Good News re: Elfsea Defender Archery

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Wed Sep 13 10:45:15 PDT 2000

Galen of Bristol here...

I have just today been able to confirm:

Lord Tarkus Pengryff, of the Barony of Elfsea, is once
again donating a pair of round-trip airline tickets for
the barony to use as a prize at Elfsea Defender.  At
Spring Faire he did this, and the prize was awarded to
Morgiana Alhazared, Bard of Elfsea, to travel, with a
companion, to represent Elfsea at the Coronation of HRH
Bytor as King of Trimaris this fall.

At Elfsea Defender the tickets will be awarded to the
new Archery Defender of Elfsea.  The tickets must be
used in the calendar year of 2001, blackout dates will
apply, and Lord Tarkus has specified that we send the
recipient to an out-of-kingdom event that Ansteorrans
don't normally attend.

The Elfsea Defender Archery competition was already
sure to be hotly contested, as there will be many other
worthy prizes, many of our kingdom's finest archers
have indicated their intent to compete, a skilled and
determined incumbent, Kerrick of Casteele, seeks to
keep the title, and Lord Fearghus -- arguably the best
active archer in Ansteorra -- longs to win his home-
barony's honor.

It should be a most enjoyable competition to watch,
glorious to participate in, and a great honor to win.

Opening court will be held on the archery field at 8:00
am (yes, we know how early that is, but we have other
Defenders to choose as well), with the archery tourney
commencing immediately following.  Don't be late!

- Galen, Baron of Elfsea