ES - Incipient Shire of Black Oak Keep

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Mon Sep 18 10:31:37 PDT 2000

Well, I haven't seen anything posted so far this morning so I thought that
I'd put something up for the world to see.

Yesterday the community that lives within the bounds of what was once The
Shire of Black Oak Keep had an organizational meeting to determine whether
we wished to formally petition for "Incipient" status.  29 people attended
the meeting.  Of that, 9 were new families with their children who did not
feel comfortable participating in the voting since this was their first
involvement.  The polling of the people there went 18 people for shire
status, 1 opposed, and 1 abstention.  The poll to resurrect the old name and
device passed.

All required offices are currently filled with the addition of a Minister of
Children.  All officers have at least one deputy to assist them.

Under new business, the Town of Wylie would like for us to hold a demo at
their Chili Cook Off and participate in the Chili Contest.  Anyone wishing
to help with the demo please contact Lord Charles de Marquette
(whitestar3 at yahoo.com)--one of our co-Hospitaliers.

We all realize that this is a long road that we start upon.  However, the
longest of journey's always begin with that first step.  We know that we
shall need the strength and help of all those groups that are around us in
order to bring this into fruition.  A bright star that was dimmed in the
Ansteorran sky has been relit.  It is only a small star, and not nearly as
grand as the one that came before it, but hopefully in the fullness of time
we may burn as bright as we once did.

In Service, I remain,
  Petruccio