ES - Raffle at Defender

Wainwright-Sims, Jewell jwainwright at taylorpub.com
Tue Sep 19 13:11:56 PDT 2000

The bow that Wilim referred to in an earlier email and is so graciously
donating will indeed be one of the prizes in a raffle sponsored by Lord
David Cade and me.  It is a Wing Archery Company Recurve, 62" AMO marked as
46#; with a new string and arrow rest. Wilim will have it available at the
archery range for anyone who would like to try it out, and when it is not at
the archery range it will be on display with the other raffle items in the
A&S pavillion.

Another wonderful item in the raffle is the psaltery I had at Elfsea's
August moot; it is hand made with a carved design of a unicorn and includes
a music stand.  There will be a number of other prizes as donations to the
raffle are continuing to come in. Thank you Lady Inez for the donation of
the two-part tickets for the drawing!

Lord David will also have a merchant booth at Defender with all proceeds
from the merchanting and the raffle going to assist with Lady Nina Natasha's
medical expenses.  While some of you may not know Lady Nina and/or Lord
Randall Hawkwood, I'm sure you do remember the fireworks at ATYC. David,
Randall and Nina were the founders of Clan Firefall which was an extremely
active service household in the Central Region until about a year ago, and
it was Clan Firefall that produced and financed the fireworks display at
ATYC. Lady Nina has been ill for over a year with systemic lupus and
leukemia.  Her prognosis is not good, and although they have insurance, it
only covers so much.  If you would like to donate something to the raffle or
for the merchant booth, please contact me or David.

Raffle tickets will be available from me (I'll be at troll Friday afternoon
from 4:00-6:00 and Saturday morning 6:00-8:00 and in the A&S tent much of
the day on Saturday), from David at his merchant booth, and from my husband,
Krzyzstof Kopernik, who will be assisting David at the merchant booth.
Assistance heralding the raffle or helping to sell tickets will be
appreciated.

In service,

Julianna
Lady Julianna Vertue
Central Region Minister of A&S
Minister of A&S for the Barony of Elfsea (for a few more days anyway)
Apprentice to Master Petruccio de Cataluna, OL OP
and general all-around nice person!

Doce ut discas - Teach in order to learn