ES - Deputy Needed

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Sep 28 21:04:41 PDT 2000

The rule is you must be a member who has access to a Black Star (not
necessarily be the recipient of one) to hold an office or be a deputy
for that office (since you may be called upon to take over the office).
Normally we require either a blue card or a Black Star with a mailing
label in your name as proof of membership. You may also send a self-
addressed stamped card with your membership application and the SCA will
stamp it and return it as proof of membership (they only create blue
cards once a month, so you might have to wait 4 weeks plus mailing
time to get the blue card).

Lately, we have been able to offer temporary blue membership cards
immediately on application and payment at a few select events. This
is a very special arrangement and cannot be done at many events. This
card is replaced with the permanent one later, but the temporary works
everywhere the permanent one does.

Finally, if you can show us something to prove you have applied (a
cancelled check or a copy of a check ...) and you are otherwise
the choice for a deputy slot, we will hold the slot for you until the
membership card shows up. We have occasionally done the same for a
non-deputy position. We cannot really do more than that because
the proof of membership is required for legal and financial reasons.

We really want for you a chance to serve Elfsea and for us a chance
to enjoy your company. The more good people who help, the less load
each has to carry and the more fun we have.

Caelin on Andrede
Seneschal to Lord and Lady Elfsea