ES - Needing ideas and suggestions...

Christine Fink maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:34:46 PDT 2000

Buenos Dias!!

For those that missed court at Defender and Moot last night, Phelippe and I
are getting married! Phelippe asked for my hand in marriage from the King at
court on Saturday night. After I said yes, the King and Queen have given us
their blessings and their permission to marry.

Did I know about this? Yes, for 2 months now I have had to be quiet. For
those that really know me...this was an extremely hard thing for me to do.
:)

Everyone in our Barony and those we have met outside our Barony have all
become like family to Phelippe and I. So that we could include our mundane
family and our SCA family, we have decided to have a period wedding and a
mini-tournament and pot-luck dinner for the reception. We would like to have
the wedding somewhere between January and March (we only can pray it will
not be rainy or freezing cold).

Here's where we need your help:

1) Has anyone ever attended a period SCA wedding? If so, what did you like
or didn't like about the wedding?

2) Do you have any ideas on themes for heavy and light tournaments? We would
like to do something different and fun for the fighters.

3) Does anyone know of where we could use someone's private land for the
wedding? Public parks are nice, but we would also like to have a bardic
circle at night and that's usually not possible with a public park (many
parks close at a certain time at night).

4) I need some ideas on children's activities. Not only will we be
entertaining our Baronial children but the children of our mundane families,
as well.

5) Any other ideas and suggestions for the wedding or reception/tournament?

Phelippe and I would like everyone to have fun at our wedding and would like
this to be something everyone would remember for a long time to come.

Maria