[Elfsea] Re: ES - Not really an update, but....

Carolyn Smith Pennington mara_of_rede at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 10:05:17 PDT 2001

I got into this late; i am lucky to be able to
read email once a week these days.
It is good to know Arabella is doing well. It is
even better to see everyone in the Barony pulling
together to help one of our own. Life is truly
good in Elfsea!
Congratulations to Ashley on her test results!
This sort of thing is very stressful for
children, so spare a thought and a special prayer
for Trevor.
My prayers and thoughts are with all the family.

Mara
--- Vicki Marsh <XaraXene at home.com> wrote:
> Xene here:
>
> I haven't heard anything else from Fearghus
> today.  I talked to him about
> 4:00 and he was getting ready to go to the
> hospital. Then he was going to
> take the kids to the hospital.  I had class
> until 7:00, then had my
> father-in-law over for dinner, so I'm just now
> able to even check my e-mail
> at home.
>
> I ended up taking their kids to CiCi's pizza
> last night and visiting with
> them for awhile.  Ashley got her test results
> back from the TAAS (she's in
> 10th grade) and she did so well that she is
> TASP exempt and doesn't have to
> take any more exit tests or TAAS.  Ever.
> Yeah!!!!  And her Band made a 1 in
> Concert and a 2 in SightReading.  She was
> having a pretty good week,
> considering.
>
> Lauren and Trevor are doing well, too.  For an
> eighth grader, Lauren is
> taking High School courses (Advanced Placement)
> and has has her TAAS tests
> all week, so she is pretty tired from 4 days of
> testing.  Trevor was quiet
> and looked worried, but OK.
>
> Even the girls have missed Arabella, and have
> realized that she makes them
> feel more secure just being there.  This is a
> good thing for teenagers to
> realize, so there is a small silver lining in
> all this.
>
> Please let us know how she is doing and when
> she is moved to a regular room.
> I know Arabella likes flowers.
>
> Peace and Joy,
>
> Xene

=====
HL Mara of Rede
Barony of Elfsea,Kingdom of Ansteorra
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nova/9561/

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."--Damon Runyon