ES - Looking for volunteers!!

Karie Mitchell allessandre at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:00:45 PDT 2001

Greetings Elfsea!

As the time grows closer for our Springtime festivities, I would like to let
everyone know about the opportunities to VOLUNTEER!!!

There are the traditional sorts of jobs:

1. Gate (Fearghus McKenna)
Sit down for a couple of hours and take money!

2. Security (Wilim Penbras)
Stand up for a couple of hours and tell people where to go.... But
seriously, we need people who can be courteous (but firm) about directing
traffic at _any_ hour.

3. Feast (Caelin on Andred)
Learn to cut veggies, boil water... <burn toast>

4. Heralds - Ker Megan of Taransey (Pyro)
HEY, IF YA GOTTA VOICE - USE IT!!!

5. Chiurgeons - Baronial Chiurgeon (Adelaide?)
But let's not use leeches 'kay?

6. Waterbearing - (Who?)
We all need H2O.

7. Children's Activities - (Ameline Du Bois?)
Keep the children happy!  The small ones too! :)

And we have some non-traditional jobs, like keeping track of your Baron &
Baroness!  Yes, we need a couple of people to help us out with various
things like:

1. Feeding/watering us
2. Keeping us "dressed" (I.e. where is your hat, Your Excellency?)
3. Getting things to/from Court (who has the scrolls/awards?)
4. Giving/getting largesse (oooh! Look at the pretties!)
5. Miscellaneous (Ssssh, the Baroness is sleeping...)

If you would like first hand experience about "Brass Hat handling", please
come to the "Brass Hat handling" meeting:

When - April 4th, 2001 7:30 pm
Where - Galen & Allessandra's home, 6517 Tempest Drive Arlington 76001
(Go to I-20, exit Cooper & go south, turn left onto Sublett, right onto
Mineral Springs, turn on second left to Tempest, we're the second to last
house on the block on the left.  Galen's shield will be on the mailbox.)

This isn't really a how-to meeting, but more of "who will" meeting, though
we'd like anyone who is interested in the job to please attend.  If we don't
need you now, most assuredly we could use you later!!!

Sincerely,

Alessandra Desiderio
Baroness of Elfsea