ES - Equestian Demo This Saturday

Kellie Hardy khemail at swbell.net
Thu Apr 19 09:32:04 PDT 2001

Greetings All,
As you are all aware, there is a demo opportunity at a National
Endurance Race this Saturday, April 21 in Cleburne.  This is a horse
race, an all-day cross-country affair that attracts people from across
the States.  Lady Aimee', our Equestrian Guild principal, has graciously
arranged for the SCA to be there, and this is a wonderful opportunity to
interest new folks (WITH HORSES) in our Game.  These people are always
looking for new things to do with their horses.  We have just the thing
for them, and their families!
There will be a few SCA folks there with their horses,  but we need
people in all areas of interest to come and show off what we do.  There
will be a pavilion and tables for display, and an area for demo fights.
Please bring some food stuff for yourself and to share.  I would love to
see some rapier fighters out there (some chivalric fighters are already
committed but more would be great!), some archers (don't know if we will
actually be able to shoot), all manner of A& S, musicians, bards, you
name it.  The demo opportunity will last all day, but you can come and
go as you please.
I will be travelling to the demo/event early Saturday morning (7ish),
and will leave for Dallas at 5 pm at the latest.   Would anyone like to
ride with me?  I have room for three or four other people plus some
gear.
Please come support this demo if you can, it will be good for our entire
region.  Thanks!

Catrin
Lady Steppes