[Elfsea] Re: new squire

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Mon Apr 30 10:53:44 PDT 2001

Greetings Nigel!

I will pass your request on to our group's discussion list, where I'm sure someone will be able to give you the answers you seek. (As a note to those members: Please respond to Nigel at: midevil_squire at hotmail.com as he is not subscribed to the Elfsea List)

What I can tell you is that we always have room for more fun & enthusiastic people. However, only a knight of the society can take/make a squire and therefore I cannot speak on their behalf. I, myself, am a squire to Sir Galen of Bristol, Elfsea's current Baron. (Elfsea is the name of the local group covering the Ft. Worth/Arlington area) I'm sure he will be very pleased to help you however he can. My first suggestion is to encourage you and your dad (or other responsible adult), to come to one of our fighter practices or other group activity where you and he/she can meet some of our members and gain a better understanding of what we do and have to offer. Our fighter practices this month will be held every Thursday evening at 7pm and every Sunday afternoon at 2pm in the southwest section of Randol Mill Park in Arlington. A map can be found at: http://www.elfsea.org/graphics/fpmap.gif
Directions are: Take I-30 to Fielder Rd. Turn south on Fielder and go to Randol Mill, then go west on Randol Mill and look for the park on your right (north side). Once in the park, take the second left, (the 1st one goes to the National Guard's parking) and you'll see us at the end of the path.

For even more fun, you might see if you can make it to the Canton of Glaslyn's event this weekend on May 5th. (Glaslyn is the group from the Denton area, but their event is being held a little closer to the metroplex) You can find information about that at: http://www.glaslyn.org/dotf.html

I hope this helps and if you have more questions, please let me know.

At your service,
Lord Armand Dragonetti
Squire to Sir Galen of Bristol
Barony of Elfsea