ES - Arabella has a "Braincloud"

Vicki Marsh XaraXene at home.com
Mon Apr 23 19:09:12 PDT 2001

Xene here:

Arabella just called again.  She is at the Medical Center of Arlington on
Matlock and Mayfield.  She is supposed to be in ICU, but all their beds are
full, and she is currently in the ER.

Arabella got to see her MRI from this morning and is worried about it.  It
is a subdural hematoma  that is on the outside of over half the brain from
front to back.  I kidded her about having a "braincloud" like the character
played by Tom Hanks in "Joe vs. the Volcano".  She got a good laugh from
that.

Since she has been at the hospital, Arabella has had a CAT scan and they are
processing the blood tests even as I am writing.  The doctors will either
give her medication to try to dry up the hematoma, or they will do surgery,
possibly tonight.

I'll keep you posted.

Xene