ES - Fwd: Directions to Camp Burnett

M. Peet ceinwenswan at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:43:47 PDT 2001

----------->
> > >From: \"Doc\" Holliday <thanat2s at airmail.net>
> > >To: maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
> > >Subject: Directions to Camp Burnett
> > >Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:31:53 -0500
> > >
> > >I'm aware of an SCA meeting at a place called Camp Burnett. I'm unable
> > >to locate the place, though. Can you direct me? I'm in North Dallas, so
> > >I surmise that the place may be proximal to Lewisville.
> > >      Thank you in advance for your assistance.
------------

The event is probably Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame event that will be a
day event on May 5th.  Here are directions I have:
--
Here are the instructions that were used for Fall Court written by Susanna
and her Lord. They worked very well then. :)

----------------------------snip------------------------------

Anyone east of Colleyville make your way to 114 west and take the
Grapevine exit. 114 west has construction in a couple of places. proceed
west on 114 and continue after the highway ends. Go through the first two
traffic lights at the third light turn right. Also at the third light is
a detour and you cannot continue forward. On the left side of the
intersection is a Texaco station that is closed.  Right or North on White
Chapel (approximately 1.5 miles) continuing pass Dove Rd. Camp Burnett
sign is on the right. If you cross a bridge (Kirkwood Branch Denton
Creek) you have gone to far.

Anyone west of North Richland Hills make your way to 114 east. I have no
information about conditions from this direction. You will go through
Trophy Club and continue to White Chapel. Possible alternate route would
be to turn left on Kirkwood Blvd. This road travels parallel to 114 and
will intersect with W. Dove Road. Turn left on W. Dove Rd. to White
Chapel.  Turn left on White Chapel. Camp Burnett sign is on the right. If
you cross a bridge (Kirkwood Branch Denton Creek) you have gone to far.

Anyone with internet can get map at: http://www.mapblast.com
Enter the address: 3301 N White Chapel Blvd
                             Southlake, TX 76092-2384
These maps are printable.

Any questions can be directed to me (Agilwulf) at walterw at airmail.net or
(214) 351-3907.

In the service of The Steppes.

Ld Agilwulf the Loud
AKA: Walter Wakefield

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS.

For those coming from the Ft. Worth area, it appears that 121 north past
DFW airport intersects 114, and you could go west on 114 from there.  And
from the  Arlington area, 360 north appears to intersect 114, and you
couls go west from there.  This is from looking at the map from the
internet site referenced in Agilwulf's post.

There is a sign on 114 going west that says "freeway ends".  This is
about where the first batch of construction starts, and near the Kroger
and Wal-Mart on the south side of the road.  From this point till the
stop light at WhiteChapel road is approximately 3.5 miles.

The construction then stops for a short ways.  It starts up immediately
past the stoplight at White Chapel road, where you want to turn right
(north).  The sign here says "detour - Dove Road east".  After you turn
onto White Chapel, you will cross Dove road (a nice wide intersection)
and then the road narrows a bit.

If you miss Camp Burnett, just past the bridge on the left is the
entrance to a construction site for SABRE.  I am guessing that it will be
lighted up some at night and should be visible.  Their drive is a good
place to turn around.