ES - Opportunities to serve

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Wed Apr 4 10:49:18 PDT 2001

Hello barony!

I wanted to pipe up on the list with a few reminders of
opportunities for someone looking for a chance to serve
in large or small ways.

1.  Tonight at my house, a meeting for anyone interested
in helping out Allessandre & myself at Spring Faire, "Hat
Wrangling 101".  We'll be discussing methods and
soliciting volunteers for folks willing and interested in
hanging out by the thrones and serving us personally at
Spring Faire.  That's at 7:30, 6517 Tempest Dr., call
817/466-8807 for directions, or e-mail me.

2.  There are two demos, one in Cleburne and one in
Stephenville, both on April 21st.  I hope as many people
as possible will attend one or the other.

3.  We're still taking bids for Seneschal (1), Herald
(1), Youth Combat Marshal (0), Youth Rapier Marshal (0),
Elfsea Defender Autocrats (1), and probably more things
I'm forgetting.

4.  There are volunteers needed at Spring Faire for a
variety of things, including feast servers, gate,
security, kitchen clean-up, waterbearers, heralds,
marshals and much more.

5.  Willim Penbras is running the Academy of the Bow at
the end of June, and I'm sure would welcome volunteers.

6.  Countess Allysyn and Lady Ameline are running
Coronation at the beginning of July, and I'm sure would
welcome volunteers.

7.  HL Darius and HL Rosalia are running the Kingdom
Heraldic Symposium in July, and I'm sure would welcome
volunteers.

8.  Countess Kayleigh and (I think) Lady Ameline are
running the "All Children's Eve" event at the end of
October, and I'm sure would welcome volunteers.

9.  Also at Spring Faire, there will be competitions for
Elfsea's King of Fools, and for Bard of Elfsea.

So there's lots to do, if there's someone looking for
another way to get involved.  There are no extra people,
and we appreciate every hand on the plow.  If you have
questions on how to get involved, please never hesitate
to contact me.

- Galen of Bristol
Baron of Elfsea