ES - Insignia

Darius and Monica dmmerlick at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 10 10:08:28 PDT 2001

Greetings Friends!

After talking to HE Sara about insignia the kingdom has on hand to give
out in court, I am informed that the Crowns insignia box is running in
short supply on a few types of insignia. Primarily at this time Sable
Comets. They are also in need of medallions for other awards such as
Sable Thistles, Cranes, Compass Roses, and Rising Stars.

When receiving an award that bears insignia, it is hoped that the crown
will be able to give individuals medallions that are as suited to their
persona as possible. Receiving one of these is a special moment for all
of us. Being presented with a finely crafted piece of work makes the
moment all the more special. Not to mention it is an wonderful way to
let the kingdom as a whole see the beautiful work our artist' can
achieve when they set their minds to it. It is a truly warm and fuzzy
feeling to know some one has been recognized for their achievements and
you helped make it possible by donating the medallion they  have been
given in court.

To this end I would like to cast a gauntlet before my fellow artist in
our beloved barony. At Springfaire I will have pieces of pierced work
insignia to give to the crown for this use. Keeping in mind the thought
that Quality is a greater virtue in many cases than Quantity I would
challenge you all to make at least one or two pieces of insignia you
would be proud to wear yourself, and join me in supporting Ansteorra by
giving them to the Crown.. I do not wish this to be a competition nor a
race. I know that our Artist and Artisans are some of the finest in the
known world. Let us show the kingdom what beauty we can create, and help
make some one else's moment in the sun a little bit brighter.

Pictures and descriptions of the award and their badges can be found at
http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/herald/tressure/awards.html
Please feel free to use the images here or simply use them for reference
and create your own.

At Home in Elfsea
HL Darius of the Bells