ES - Brass Rings Source??

Christine Huse maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 20:45:05 PDT 2001

Well, I scoured Lowe's and the closest thing they had to a ring in the size
I needed were washers. I went to Hancocks. I did find some D rings, but they
were too bog for the project at hand. I did go ahead and picked up the
little white place rings that were the perfect size. I plan on looking over
at the Leather Factory tomorrow.

If I don't find any there, then I will plan on using the plastic ones. But
then my next question would be...Can you dye plastic?? If so, how? With what
product should I use? Would Rit work? I thought that maybe if I died them a
solid jet black, then they would look more like cast iron and not so
plasticy. If I can't dye them, then I will need to cover them.

Thanks to all for the suggestions so far!
Maria