ES - Re: LR- Lord Padraig Arises!

Sam Milligan padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Apr 23 08:23:52 PDT 2001

45 people at my Wake.  Wow!  (I can even say it backwards - woW!)

My heartfelt thanks to all of you who were able to make it to the Wake.  I had intended to speak with everyone who attended, and failed miserably in this resolve, as I'm sure that I did not greet at least half of all who were there.  Please forgive this failing, and I promise to try to do better the next time I die.

Did everyone see the "Happy Wake Day" cake my lady brought out?  I only wish I could have seen the look on the faces of the people at the store bakery where she had it made.  :)

Vivat and many thanks to my good friend Polydore for once again opening his home for my Wake.  One note:  Polydore and I were born the same year about 6 weeks apart.  We will celebrate our half century mark in 2004, and we intend a joint celebration that will make this year's Wake look like a small, quiet dinner party.

In the meantime, we will continue to practice with the annual Wake.  If you couldn't make it this year, don't despair!  Next year's Wake will be even bigger and better.

Thank you once again, my dear friends.  You continue to prove to me that, by all measures that matter to me, I am truly rich beyond my wildest dreams.

Padraig