[Elfsea] re: new siege rules

Marsh, Todd W. ToddMarsh at SierraSystems.com
Wed Aug 1 13:13:28 PDT 2001

Of course, we will know.

Do we really have to disassemble the heads of the bolts to add the cord?  I
would think we could find a way to add cord to the existing bolts.  The
latest siege engine handbook says:

spliced golf tube javelins - splices secured with cord and filament tape,
single tennis ball head tied
on and taped with filament and duct tape. The tubes may be reinforced with
medium density
foam (such as pipe insulation) in order to prevent crush damage. Film
canisters, PVC rings, and
similar non-brittle, non-metallic lightweight reinforcements (securely
attached) may be used at the
butt end of the javelin. Non-rigid fletchings may be used. Javelins will be
at least forty-eight (48)
inches and clearly marked with a yellow spiral the length of the shaft.

Since the tennis balls are already "taped with filament and duct tape", they
just need to be "tied on".  We should be able to find a way to retrofit the
500 bolts we have and meet the letter of the rule.

Llywelyn