[Elfsea] need to hire housecleaning help

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sat Aug 4 18:49:37 PDT 2001

Though this is tempting, such actions are not honorable. If indeed your
neighbor is violating the law and you would have turned him/her in anyway,
then go ahead. Otherwise, you are compromising your honor.

Your neighbor may actually feel that there is some problem with your
children. They may have had a bad experience where they did not
intervene and a child was harmed.

The best way to resolve any such dispute is to talk with the person.
Try not to be confrontational. Say something like "Some people apparently
are  concerned that my kids are not getting the care they deserve.
If you are one of them, I'd like to understand your issues and share
how I feel about my children." You can probably come up with a better

If you treat them like someone who is concerned about your kids, you
might be able to work out a compromise with them. After all, you
should like anyone who has your kids' welfare in their heart.

(Yea I know CPS is a real pain, but when you look at the news lately,
you can see why some people get suspicious about little things.)


> Or there is turn about
> Does the obnoxious neighbor have pets? Does the obnoxious
> neighbor keep his
> trees near power poles trimmed, How is the obnoxious neighbor at following
> city ordinances for the upkeep of his property? Does the
> obnoxious neighbor
> look like the person featured on the most recent episode of America's most
> wanted?

More information about the Elfsea mailing list