[Elfsea] The constant battle with Chaos

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Mon Aug 6 10:05:41 PDT 2001

There is much truth to what you say, Your Excellency.  I have been
endeavoring to do things such as throw the laundry in the washer on Sunday
nights after an event, clean out the ice chest Sunday nights, etc.

You are right about being packrats as well; that is part of our problem.
Logan has been pitching things out right and left.  He has also been
installing shelving to make things look more organized.  I have been weeding
out all the kids' outgrown clothes and hauling them off to Goodwill and
Berry Good Buys.  But there is still a lot to get done before Wednesday at 4
p.m. when we have our visit.

I still need to box up questionable books ("Celtic Magic" and other such
things), put any weapons and liquor out of sight, etc., clean out the fridge
and make sure it's re-stocked by Wednesday, other stuff like that.

But getting everything to the point where I think it is acceptable is still
going to be a struggle.  Logan is just now able to do a bit around the
house.  He had surgery at the end of June, and has been busy recuperating
rather than playing the happy homemaker.  And I am scheduled to have some
medical tests done, as I've been feeling some pain in my left arm that
worries me, and added to the aphasia I've been experiencing, I'm beginning
to wonder if I've had a mild stroke.  So I, too, haven't been much in the
mood to get much done.  Which is why I've been attempting to hire some help.

We tried hiring Merry Maids.  They only wanted to dust and vacuum, and
wanted $60/hr for two ladies to do it.  For $60/hr, I expect toilets to be
cleaned, and floors to be scrubbed.

So I am still in need of some help.  If you're not afraid of hard work, call
Logan at 817-681-7973.  I won't be home until around 6 p.m.  After that, you
can call 817-551-7642.

Thanks to everyone who has given me helpful ideas, kind words, and offered
assistance.  I had two people come work Saturday, and it made a world of
difference.

Madelina