[Elfsea] The New Baby Mitchell

Paul Mitchell pmitchel at flash.net
Sat Aug 11 10:05:44 PDT 2001

Hello everybody!

On August 9, 2001, at 7:35 pm, Robert Vincent Mitchell was born to Karie &
Paul Mitchell, at Medical Center of Arlington, by cearsarean section.

Named for his grandfathers, Robert Mitchell and Vincent Colacicco, the boy
weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and was 19 3/4" long.

His parents arrived at the hospital at about 5:00 am that morning, for an
appointment to induce labor.  Fourteen hours later, after fully 12 hours of
active labor, it was decided perform the c-section.  The procedure was
completed without complication.

Karie is recovering nicely at the hospital in room 262 (sorry I don't have
the phone number with me), and Robert (also known as Rob or Robbie -- Bob
Mitchell is my dad) is as nearly perfect as a baby gets.  She'll go home no
later than tomorrow, but possibly later today.

Visitors are welcome to drop in at the hospital or at home after we get home
throughout next week.  He will be baptized in the Roman Catholic faith on
the Sunday following Thanksgiving at the 9:00 mass at St. Maria Goretti
Church, in Arlington, TX.  A reception at the house will follow.  Jay Rudin
and Kelly Colacicco will be the GodParents

For our SCA friends, thanks for all the visitors and good wishes by email
(which we really haven't had time to read yet.  Robert is the only baby in
the kingdom with three personas:  "Robert FitzGalen", "Vincenzo Desiderio",
and "Mergatroid of the Moritu".

Pictures will be on-line shortly, courtesy of Alan Rich; keep an eye on
www.generich.com/babymitchell.

Love you all!

- Paul Mitchell