[Elfsea] Fwd: [IR] back from Pennsic

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Fri Aug 17 11:09:53 PDT 2001

I echo Sir Romanius' congratulations.  The Ironrose
tourney at Pennsic is a gathering of woman fighters
from all over the known world.

To emerge champion of _any_ gathering of 80+ fighters
is a major achievement.  That our own Stella has done
so is no surprise, but surely a delight.

- Galen

Quoting Chris Baran <chris_baran at hotmail.com>:

> [ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>
> Very nice indeed!  Congragulations Stella!
>

> Sir Romanius
> >From: Stacy Dickey
> >To: elfsea at ansteorra.org
> >Subject: [Elfsea] Fwd: [IR] back from Pennsic
> >Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:38:29 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >--
> >

> >Way to go Stella!!! Whoo-hoo!
> >
> >Stacy
> >

> >Greetings all
> >just got home from Pennsic after being out there for
> >week. The heat
> >middle
> >last week was obnoxious. I live in Phoenix , AZ and
> >this was hotter on
> >site
> >than at home.
> >The great news:
> >overwhelming participation in the tourney.... Ilsa,
> >you can do the
> >happy
> >dance now, no scrolls left, we had 81 entries. 4
erics
> >in operation,
> >winners
> >for each one and the grand champion as well.
> >Lady Stella Silvana from Ansteorra was the grand
> >champion. It was a
> >great
> >event. We started the tourney around 2ish and ended
at
> >6.30pm.
> >Many favorable comments were overheard at the side
> >lines.The final
> >fight was
> >being watched by a few knights and one of them said:
> >this could easily
> >be a
> >bout in our crown tourney....
> >The level of skill and determination was impressive.
> >Gunther and Selene
> >did
> >one heck of a job keeping everything flowing and
> >working.
> >My congratulations to all who participated. This was
> >fun to watch.
> >Maybe we
> >field 100 plus next year?
> >Alex, the jetlagged scribe
> >Atenveldt
> >

> >Note: forwarded message attached.

> >Make international calls for as low as $.04/minute
with Yahoo! Messenger
> >http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
> >--
> >From: "Eva Mehlhose"
> >Subject: [IR] back from Pennsic
> >Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:26:13 -0700
> >
> >Greetings all
> >just got home from Pennsic after being out there for
a week. The heat
> middle
> >last week was obnoxious. I live in Phoenix , AZ and
this was hotter on
> site
> >than at home.
> >The great news:
> >overwhelming participation in the tourney.... Ilsa,
you can do the happy
> >dance now, no scrolls left, we had 81 entries. 4
erics in operation,
> winners
> >for each one and the grand champion as well.
> >Lady Stella Silvana from Ansteorra was the grand
champion. It was a great
> >event. We started the tourney around 2ish and ended
at 6.30pm.
> >Many favorable comments were overheard at the side
lines.The final fight
> was
> >being watched by a few knights and one of them said:
this could easily be
> >bout in our crown tourney....
> >The level of skill and determination was impressive.
Gunther and Selene
> did
> >one heck of a job keeping everything flowing and
working.
> >My congratulations to all who participated. This was
fun to watch. Maybe
> we
> >field 100 plus next year?
> >Alex, the jetlagged scribe