[Elfsea] Long awaited info "Lord of the Rings"

Rob Macchietto roberto_vespucci at elfsea.net
Mon Dec 3 19:26:04 PST 2001

Our new parent company, Thomson Learning, decided in July to phase out
and close our office, Harcourt College Publisher.  Our staff of approx.
250 has dwindled down to 91.  My job, as a computer technician. has gone
from working 50 hours a week  --  just to keep up with work orders --
to sitting on my butt, cruising the internet looking for a job, while I
wait for people to leave on their last day so I can go pick up their
computer.  So we have about 2 or 3 of what we like to call "Training
Seminars" a week.  My favorite so far has been "Corporate Espionage"
(Spy Game).  And if there's not any seminars we're interested in, then
we take a DVD equipped laptop down to the Executive Conference Room and
watch a "Training Video" with the LCD projector on the 10 foot screen
and stereo system.  I love my job.  To bad it's only going to last 3
more months.

Roberto