[Elfsea] Fwd: The Daily Probe, on John Walker

Paul or Galen baron at elfsea.net
Fri Dec 21 07:11:53 PST 2001

Master Robin forwarded this to me.  The Daily Probe is a spoof news
website.

- Galen

Begin forwarded message:
> Subject: The Daily Probe, on John Walker
>
> http://www.dailyprobe.com/
>
> American Taliban Fighter Walker: "I Thought This Was the SCA"
>
> KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (DPI) - John Walker, the American discovered fighting
> with Taliban forces last week, is now claiming that he thought he had
> joined the Society for Creative Anachronism, whose members perform
> re-creations of historical events. "Honestly, I thought we were just
> doing a Middle Eastern medieval re-creation or something," Walker said.
> "I was talking with Sunshine Garcia about an upcoming Renaissance Fair
> up in Monterey and she was telling me about this totally backward group
> of people she came across in Mill Valley that was so completely into
> 'archaic lifestyles,' so I thought I would check it out." John Ashcroft
> was unconvinced, responding, "Tell it to the chair, Dead Man Walking."

"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but
shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
       - C.S. Lewis
Check out my latest column at <www.viewfromdownhere.com>!
All my websites have moved to <users2.ev1.net/~pmitchel>!