[Elfsea] Fool's Court and Fool's Tourney

neil starkey raimonddemora at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 02:02:54 PST 2001

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Greetings all in Elfsea,

I would like to take this moment to thank evryone who came to both the Fool's
Court and Revel on Saturday and the Fool's Tourney on Sunday.  From what I can
tell, there was good fun had by all.  I know I certainly had fun on both days.
I also wish to especially thank Lady Brighid for Stewarting Fool's Court and
Lady Maria for List Mistressing the Fool's Torney.
Vivats go to Lord Padraig(sp), Mistress Stella and Baroness Dana, all of who
recieved an "Award of Legs" at Fool's Court.  Each are deserving of this
award.  Also Vivat to all of the winners in both the Bardic and Dessert
Competitions.  I believe all who competed were winners.
As for the Fool's Tourney, we had 9 different mini-touneries (4 in Chivalric
and 5 in Rapier) with a prize for each.  The prize for each winner was a gift
certificate to After Hours Pottery in which they are able to paint thier own
ceramic.  The winners were:

Rapier
Single Rapier  - Dirk (as far as I know, he is new to the Barony)
Rapier and Cloak  -  Lord Ceatta
Case  -  Dirk
Rapier and Dagger  -  Lord Arradonn (by a "rock", ask him to tell the story)
Unusual Weapons Combo  -  Dirk

Chivalric
Sword and Sheild  -  Lord Louis
Single Sword  -  Lord Daire
Great Weapon  -  Lord Dermont
Unusual Weapons Combo  -  Lord Dermont

Again Vivat to all the winners and Thank You to all who helped make this a fun
weekend.

His Travesty

HL Raimond III (the silent)
A Jester's chief employment, is to kill himself for your enjoyment,
and a Jester unemployed.....is nobodies Fool.  (Danny Kaye "The Court Jester")