[Elfsea] Important information regarding siege engines at Gulf Wars

Adam Harrison concrete_donkey at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 12:50:45 PST 2001

Greetings Elfsea,

The conventions for Gulf Wars XI have been posted on
the web for the past few weeks.  I encourage anyone
who owns a ballista or other siege engine to take a
look.

Bungeelistas will be allowed again this year.  For
further clairfication on this bit of information,
here's a direct quote from Lawrence(Ansteorra DEM:
siege) regarding engines at this year's war:

"As Seamus of Meridies put it, "The more the merrier."
  All three kingdom's siege marshals agreed that if
you made it, you should be allowed to bring it and
play with it.  If your siege weapon is not to the
rules, then the marshals will work with you to make it
so"

In light of this information, I see almost no reason
for all of elfsea's engines not to return to war this
year.  For those engines that need repairs, a repair
of the current design is usually easier than
retrofitting as a torsion engine.

So, for those of you who have engines that need
repair, let's get to repairing!  :-)  I can provide
assistance over the next month while I'm out of
school.  After that, I can't guarantee I'll have any
free time to work on engines.

-Bjorn
Siege Marshal & coordinator for Gulf Wars XI