[Elfsea] Elfsea.NET Email Addresses

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Mon Dec 3 11:09:26 PST 2001

Greetings Elfsea,

Some of you may have noticed that ELFSEA.NET email addresses have been creeping more and more into use by various people.  For some time now I have owned the ELFSEA.NET domain and have been offering addresses to friends and household members who had need of an email address.  Given the recent trials with Excite/@Home/Charter I have decided to make the offering more widely to anyone within the Barony who would like one.

There are two options available for addresses on ELFSEA.NET :
1) POP3/Webmail Account : This option is like the email account your ISP provides.  It can be checked via a webmail interface OR via Outlook, Eudora, or any other popular POP3 package.  It has a Username, and a password associated with it.

2) Alias Account : This is simply another name, at ELFSEA.NET, which sends mail to an existing email account which you have.  For instance, if I (Timothy) had an account tjraybur at work.com, then when someone sent mail to timothy at elfsea.net it would show up in me work.com email box.

If you are interested in taking me up on one of these options, the read the following carefully.  I will happily provide this to all takers, within reasonable limits.  This is a hobby of my hobby and will get that appropriate share of my time. :)

To get an account, email you must send a message to ADMIN at ELFSEA.NET and request an account.  You must include :
1) Your SCA Name
2) The address you want (ie Timothy at elfsea.net)
3) The type of account (POP or Alias)
4) If you want an Alias, what address you want it to forward to.

Timothy of Glastonbury
mka Timothy J. Rayburn
Owner & Administrator of Elfsea.Net