[Elfsea] Tourney ala Hamlet

Sebastian de Rolstoun sebastianderolstoun at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 18:56:36 PST 2001

Greetings unto the populace does Lord Sebastian de
Rolstoun Rapier marshal Elfsea send greetings.

Clan Rising Thunder is pleased to announce that we
will be hosting a "Protector" tourney on Sunday the
16th of December at Randol Mill Park at 2:00 P.M.

In William Shakespeares "Hamlet" It was decided that
Prince Hamlet should fight his once friend Laertes in
a match before His Mother the Queen and His Uncle who
had disposed of Hamlets Father and taken the Throne of
Denmark for himself.

Though there be no murdered Soverigns, Nor poisoned
blades upon this field We shall have a tourney
inspired by this Literary Match.

All Blades shall be considered bated, all touches non
leathel and non injury. each bout will be fought to 3
touches.

What this means is that even though I strike my
opponant in the mask I have not won untill I touch him
2 more times, and should I make my touch upon his
arm the touch is counted equal to any other touch with
the point of my blade. My opponant should _not_ loose
use of the arm as it is a touch only.  Any proper
touch, even light touches count. This tournement is a
display of skill, any shot that lands despite a
fighters defense should be apropriatly acknowledged

Draws, push cuts, and  tip cuts, must still be of
required length to count as a touch.

There will be three rounds in which all fighters will
participate

1. Single sword and open hand
2. Sword and Dagger
3. Case (for those who don't speak fluent rapier that
would be two long
blades)

After these three rounds the Fighter with the most
victroies shall be
declared the Protector of the Clan of Rising Thunder
for a period of
one
year. There will be a spiffy yet unknown prize for the
winner. Should
there
be 2 or more fighters with equal victories, they will
fight round robin
to a
single touch. All Fighters of any house hold are
welcome to come enter
the
tourney.

Side note Darius will have his blades and armor
available for use.
Darius
will be Marshaling the Tourney.

We invite all rapier fighters in the Kingdom to come
and test your skill on the field.

Sebastian de Rolstoun
Rapier Marshal Elfsea
Bronze bearing red