ES - Re: ANST - Passage of Arms

Susan Carol Tribble susant at unt.edu
Wed Feb 7 15:16:28 PST 2001

Lady Maria:

What do you mean "period containers are not allowed"?  Does this mean just
no glass containers or no wooden mugs?  Or do you mean no alcohol in
period containers?  Yes, it's a stupid question, but the way it is written
implies that we can only use plastic or styrofoam cups to drink from.

Also, what is the site like?  In other words is this a "normal" park with
playground equipment for the kiddios to play on or is it just a vast open
park area?

Lavina

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Christine Huse wrote:

> Buenos Dias!
>
> Well, as everyone knows Passage of Arms is this weekend! Yeah!
>
> The website with event details and directions:
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~dmmerlick/elfsea/PassageofArms.html
>
> Pavillion: I was informed by the City today that part of the pavillion will
> be roped off due to some structural damage.  Hence, we have to keep the
> children out from under the roped off section.  If anyone has any banners
> that I could borrow to cover the ropes and hopefully keep the children out
> of these areas, I would greatly appreciate it! If you can not make PoA and
> have a banner that I might borrow, I can make arangements to pick it up from
> you at your home or Baronial College. I will take exceptional care of it and
> return it to you promptly.
>
> Food: There is no planned formal pot-luck for lunch. If you would like to
> bring food to share, you are more than welcome to. I will be cooking a big
> pot of beef stew, bread, cocoa, and cider to share with everyone. I will be
> bringing my coleman stove to warm the stew and heat the drinks. Remember,
> bring your feast gear. I have some non-period mugs, but not many that I can
> share.
>
> Alcohol: Because this is a public park, it is against the law to bring
> alcoholic beverages into the park. Period containers are *not* allowed
> either.
>
> Rapier Melee/War Practice: The rapier melee will take place right after
> court.
>
> If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.
>
> See you there!
>
> Maria

***ladylavina at email.com***
           or