ES - Helms

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Sat Feb 10 06:14:19 PST 2001

  Questions from the Knight's Marshal:
  Do we need to set a day aside for the sole purpose of padding these helms?
  Not necessarily. Include it with armoring day or do it on a fighter
practice.
  Do we want to try to include this in the armoring day on the 25th?
  Yes.
  Am I correct in assuming that if you use one these helms, you need to
provide the padding?
  Yes. I can provide buckles and some leather for straps, but I don't have
padding.
  What is the easiest and least expensive source for padding material?
  Ideally, you have a combination of open and closed cell foam. The closed
cell is usually
  acquired from the sleeping bag pads that are about 3/8 inch blue stuff.

  I did mine a bit differently. I bought a karate head protection and put
that in the helm
  (after removing the ear protectors). This works well, but they cost
$30-40. Foam is
  much cheaper and works as well.

  Just a few questions that leap to mind.
  Raimond